Thursday 29 March 2012

Bringing care closer to home

Meet Kevin Blake, a long-time patient of Children?s. In the following, his mother, Laurie, describes what having access to Children?s services closer to home has meant to their family.


Kevin and brother David

My son Kevin was born with multiple congenital abnormalities. He has moderate to severe hearing loss, low muscle tone and a handful of developmental delays. When he was born we instantly knew he was a special kid, and I immediately felt very protective of him. Life may be a bit tougher for Kevin, but his vulnerabilities and strength to work through them is nothing short of amazing, and in doing so he inspires my husband Dan and I to be better parents. As Dan says, ?If there are a certain percentage of children born with special needs, then I?m glad we have one of them, be...

phlebotomy weekend course phlebotomy training knoxville tn certified phlebotomist training

No comments:

Post a Comment